Support Staff reports directly to the manager of The Family Center for Autism in Long Island, NY. Support Staff is responsible for providing specialist direct support and assistance to the members of The Family Center.
- Pay Scale: $15 – $16.50 per hour
- Providing direct support and assistance to The Family Center members in any of the classes or programs that are operating during scheduled hours.
- Developing and utilizing strategies to enhance member participation in classes.
- Assisting instructors in the facilitation of the class activity.
- Developing and implementing motivational systems and visual schedules for program participants.
- Taking behavioral data, as delegated.
- Maintaining organization and inventory of supplies for the center, assisting in replenishing of supplies.
- Effectively communicating concerns, feedback and any matters related to the members, specialists, clinicians or other staff members with management.
- Providing exemplary customer service to all members.
- Ensuring cleanliness and overall maintenance of the classroom and facility physical plant.
- Attending scheduled staff meetings and in-service training, as may be required.
- Adhering to all policy and procedures for The Family Center including emergency evacuation plans, incident reporting and fire safety.
- Maintaining annual certifications for CPI, CPR / First Aid certifications & Autism Training.
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred.
- Minimum one year experience with Autism population.
- Good verbal communication and written skills.
- Flexibility and Enthusiasm.